• Easy to install
• Use existing CAT5 network cables
• Run up to 4 cameras per cable!
• Save running additional coax cables
• Run cables up to 300 metres
Use existing network cables for video surveillance or other baseband video signal applications. Saves having to run new coax cables.
For each device, you require two video baluns. For example, if you were to use a CCTV camera, one balun would be required at the camera end, and one video balun would be required at the monitor/DVR end. A standard CAT5 cable has 4 twisted pair cables, this allows you to run 4 cameras per CAT5 cable. In this scenario, 8 video baluns would be required.
Transmission over a CAT5 is called a balanced signal, whereas coax cable is unbalanced. Transmission over CAT5 cable has many advantages:
• Less prone to interference
• Run CAT5 up to 300metres, whereas with RG59, you could only run 200 metres
• Run 4 cameras off the one CAT5 cable, saving on cabling costs on long runs!
You can read more information on cables and transmission media here. Video baluns also exist that will allow you to run cable distances of up to 1200 metres! If you wish to discuss these, please email us.
Buy It Now
[FUM-T1] CAT5 Video Balun
AUD$12.50 (inc GST)